Memorial Day is one of the United States’ most poignant federal holidays. It’s a day to remember and honor those who have lost their lives in military service.
The national holiday reflects on those lost in service through many historic battles, including the Civil War, World War II, and more recent conflicts. Many of us come together as a community to watch parades, visit memorials, or host barbecues or picnics with friends and family. This theme of remembrance is shared with other similar holidays, like Veterans Day which honors those who have served in the Armed Forces.
Whether you’re planning an event to remember our fallen heroes on Memorial Day or you’re looking for something to share with loved ones, the right words can help create a moment. Here are some of our favorite Memorial Day message options and greetings for your invitations, greeting cards, and decor.
Heartwarming Memorial Day Messages to Share
A longstanding Memorial Day tradition for some families is to get together and mark the holiday weekend with good food and good company. The Memorial Day weekend unofficially marks the start of Summer, so it’s the perfect time for an outdoor event or a cozy gathering centered around gratitude and remembrance.
Memorial Day Greetings
If you’re hosting a Memorial Day cookout or event this year, here’s some inspiration for your invitations. With a mix of shorter and longer messages, these Memorial Day message options are the perfect way to honor the spirit of the holiday in your cards or invitations.
- Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Let us remember those who courageously gave their lives.
- Join us as we remember and honor our heroes.
- Let’s use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
- Honoring our nation’s heroes on Memorial Day.
- We wish you a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who made a great sacrifice for us.
- Let’s remember our fallen service members with pride this Memorial Day.
- Together we pay homage to those who have given us our freedom.
- We salute our fallen and give thanks on this Memorial Day.
- Today we express our gratitude to our fallen heroes.
- In remembrance of our heroes on this Memorial Day.
- Wishing you a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who have made the greatest sacrifice.
- Sending you warm wishes on this day of remembrance.
- Honoring our heroes who served to hold our flag high.
- Let us gather together in celebration of those who have fallen.
Honorable Memorial Day Quotes
Sometimes a card or party decor calls for an inspiring or heartwarming quote of remembrance. These Memorial Day quotes pay respects to those servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, while carrying the spirit of their legacy.
- “May we never forget that freedom isn’t free.”
- “In memory of many, in memory of all”
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”
- “Never forget, ever honor”
- “Fallen, but not forgotten”
- “Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”
- “We come not to mourn our dead heroes but to praise them.”
- “Home of the free because of the brave”
- “We stand for the flag, we kneel for the fallen.”
- “All gave some, some gave all. Remember them this Memorial Day.”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
Famous Memorial Day Quotes
With Memorial Day playing a big part in our culture, it’s no surprise that there’s a growing collection of quotes from famous figures and celebrities. These Memorial Day quotes work well as a standout greeting on one side of your invitation or as a dedication below your event details.
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – Harry S. Truman
- “For the love of country they accepted death, and thus renounced all debts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.” – James A. Garfield
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.” – Barack Obama
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
- “No arsenal, or no weapons in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.” – Ronald Reagan
- “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” – George S. Patton, Jr.
- “How important it is for us to recognize our heroes and she-roes.” – Maya Angelou
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “What I can do for my country, I am willing to do.” – Christopher Gadsden
- “Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future.” – Elie Wiesel
- “Heroes never die. They live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who would follow in their footsteps.” – Emily Potter
- “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” – Sun Tzu
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
Memorial Day Greetings
Memorial Day is the day of national remembrance dedicated to all those who died serving the United States of America. Originally called as Decoration Day, this day everyone remembers and honors the sacrifices made by the army men who gave up their lives in order to bring glory and freedom to their nation. This day falls on the last Monday in the month of May and is celebrated as an honor to the veterans.
What do you Say on Memorial Day?
Browse through the wonderful collection of latest Happy Memorial Day wishes, memorial day messages, memorial day messages remembrance, memorial day wishes greetings, memorial day weekend messages which you can use to wish your family and friends. Remind them of the contributions made by the soldiers who brought in our lives happiness and glory by giving away their own. Use these lovely inspirational Memorial day quotes sayings to wish everyone around.
Happy Memorial Day Messages 2022
Celebrate Memorial Day with beautiful Memorial Day messages and Memorial Day quotes. Send these inspiring Memorial Day greetings messages to employees, friends, clients and loved ones to wish them on this significant occasion.
1). Let us take inspiration from the brave soldiers to become good citizens of our nation….. Greetings on the occasion of Memorial Day!!!
2). Today is the day to thank all those who brightened our lives with happiness and freedom. Let us bow our heads and remember the sacrifices of the soldiers. Happy Memorial Day.
3). It demands high spirit to sacrifice your life for your country and to leave your children free. Let us spare few minutes to remember and thank such wonderful souls. Happy Memorial Day to you.
4). Let us thank all the servicemen and women who are no longer with us for protecting our country by giving away your lives. Happy Memorial Day to you and your family.
5). On this occasion of Memorial Day, let us thank to every person who has served and protected the country and brought happiness to our lives. Wishing you a warm Happy Memorial Day.
6). Nothing means anything till the time you don’t have freedom to think, freedom to speak and freedom to act. Let us thank all those who brought freedom to our lives. Happy Memorial Day.
7). Today let us thank all the Veterans, fallen Heroes of America who gave away their lives to serve the nation. Wishing you and your family a warm and Happy Memorial Day 2022.