Good Friday Verses Images
Around the world, the Christian community commemorates Good Friday. It is believed that on this day, Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, and the day honours his sacrifice. It is held after the Christian holy day of Maundy Thursday, which commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ and on a Friday before Easter Sunday.
In Christianity, the death of Jesus Christ is one of the most important segments mentioned in the Holy Bible. Christians believe that in death, he took away all the sins of humankind, and his crucifixion redeemed them.
But did you know that Good Friday was not always celebrated on a Friday? It is believed that the Last Supper, the crucifixion and the resurrection were part of a single commemoration on the night before Easter Sunday. But later, the Christian community began to celebrate the Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday separately, on three separate days.
This year, Good Friday falls on April 15, which is today. As such, here are some holy wishes, cards and messages for your near and dear ones. Let us take a moment to reflect on our life, and figure out what more we can do to fill it with love and laughter.
* Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
* No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.
* For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, the Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
* To holy people, the very name of Jesus is a name to feed upon, a name to transport. His name can raise the dead and transfigure and beautify the living.
* Easter is a time when God turned the inevitability of death into the invincibility of life.
Good Friday Verses
GOOD FRIDAY QUOTES, WISHES, MESSAGES WITH IMAGES
Good Friday is a day of mourning and sorrow over the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ and a reminder that the sins of all people made it necessary for him to die in the first place. It’s also a day of gratitude for the supreme sacrifice that he made. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday, Great and Holy Friday (also Holy and Great Friday), and Black Friday.
These Good Friday quotes and greetings are a mix of deep, spiritual, beautiful, inspirational and powerful to imbibe positive attitude and a sense of gratitude for the wonderful life we all are blessed with.
GOOD FRIDAY QUOTES AND WISHES
- “It’s Friday… But Sunday’s coming.”
- “It was my sin that nailed him there.”
- “GOOD FRIDAY! The day death died.”
- “Its finished! The hope of Easter begins.”
- “Nails didn’t hold Jesus to the cross. Love did.”
- “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”
- “Good Friday: I thank you for your unfailing love. Amen.”
- “There is no Easter without a Good Friday.” – Matthew Fox
- “”I Love You” could not be said in a better way. Good Friday.”
- “Good Friday, a day to pause and reflect on God’s amazing grace.”
- “May your world be a beautiful place, on Good Friday, and always.”
- “Good morning. Happy Good Friday everyone. Have a blessed day!”
- He was wounded for our transgressions.” – Isaiah 53:5 (Bible Verse)
- “Good Friday: Light conquered darkness and goodness conquered sin.”
- “It is the resurrection that makes Good Friday good.” – Ravi Zacharias
- “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” – Psalm 31 (Bible Verse)
- “We are Easter people living in a Good Friday world.” – Barbara Johnson
- “The symbol of the religion of Jesus is the cross, not the scales.” – John Stott
- “Good Friday, a day for some to remember our savior who died on the cross for us.”
- “Jesus went to the cross because God is holy and sin must be punished. Good Friday.”
- “In truth, there was only one Christian and he died on the cross.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Remembering Good Friday. The son of man must suffer many things,… and be killed.”
- “Behold the Lamb of God, that takes away the sin of the world.” – John 1:29 (Bible Verse)
- “Life is a maybe, Death is for sure. Sin is the cause, Christ is the cure! Happy Good Friday!”
- “Mercy, peace and love. May the grace and Lord surround and be with you on Good Friday.”
- “Good Friday: Jesus will listen your all prayer this day. Wishing you a blessed Good Friday.”
- “The Passion of the Christ opened up on Ash Wednesday, had a Good Friday.” – Billy Crystal
- “Unless there is a Good Friday in your life, there can be no Easter Sunday.” – Fulton J. Sheen
- “The lesson of Good Friday is to never lose hope – or at least give it 48 hours.” – Robert Breault
- “No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.” – William Penn
- “Thinking of you on Good Friday and praying that the Lord keeps you in his loving care always.”
- “Start this Good Friday with prayers and fasting so that we can earn God’s mercy and forgiveness.”
- “Very thankful for the many blessings the Lord has given me…Love you Lord. Happy Good Friday.”
- “Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” – Watchman Nee
- “Holy Week is a good occasion to go to confession and to take up the right path again.” – Pope Francis
- “A life He sacrificed means a new life and hope for us. He is our Savior and forever He will be with us!”
- “He drained the cup of God’s wrath bone dry, leaving not a drop for us to drink.” – Richard Allen Bodey
- “Good Friday is a Christian day commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary.”
- “Christ has not only spoken to us by his life but has also spoken for us by his death.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “May the glory of our Savior strengthen you and may His graces shine upon you on Good Friday and always!”
- “The sin of the Serpent has been changed. The sin has been stepped upon by Good Friday.” – Eric W. Gritsch
- “I asked Jesus, “How much you love me!” “This much” He answered. Then he stretched out his arms and died.”
- “Good Friday is a contraction derived from what was originally called ‘God’s Friday.’” – Deland Scott Anderson
- “He showed us the way. He has long been gone. And yet in our hearts His name shines on. Wish u a Holy Friday!”
- “May your faith in the God, bring peace to your heart, this Good Friday and always. Have a blessed Good Friday!”
- “May the loving-kindness of the highest God be with you as you take the time to reverence his name this Good Friday.”
- “Speculative Good Friday is the celebration of the self-sundering of reason in history.” – Deland Scott Anderson
- “Blessings to all on the Good Friday. We are served not by what we do but by what Christ has done. It is finished.”
- “On this Good Friday may we never forget the true meaning of Easter – For when He was on the cross, I was on His mind.”
- “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.” – Romans 6:14 (Bible Verse)
- “It was inevitable that Jesus Christ should be crucified. It was also inevitable that He should rise again.” – H. R. L. Sheppard
- “Good Friday. Way of the Cross. Fasting and abstinence. Examine conscience. Have a really blessed day.” – Nevez Rhanny
- “At Sussen, the Devil carried off, last Good Friday, three grooms who had devoted themselves to him.” – Martin Luther
- “Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther
- “I am the witness to his fearless death. I am a token of his last promise Forgiveness I am the cross. Blessings on Good Friday.”
- “On the eve of the cross, Jesus made his decision. He would rather go to hell for you than go to heaven without you.” – Max Lucado
- “May the blessings of the Lord shine upon you on this holy day and may he always keep in his loving care. Happy Good Friday.”
- “May your faith in God, bring peace to your heart and new hope in your life. May God always bless you. Have a blessed Good Friday!”
- “He bore it all in silence because He held us dear. may He receive our regards. May our prayers he hear… Celebrate Good Friday!”
- “On this holy day, may his light guide your path, may his love grace your heart and may his sacrifice strengthen your soul! Good Friday”