Showing one’s true colors is simply just being one’s true self, either good or bad.
These colorful life quotes tell us about the reality and beauty of life. It shows us people aren’t always what they seem, but there is always hope.
This article is a compilation of quotes about people showing their true colors. Some of these quotes on fake people tell us just what we need to know when dealing with people. The other colorful quotes can also brighten up your mind. We found the best quotes about colors or you can consider them as color quotes about life. These color quotes will make you see the beauty of life despite the fake nature of some people. Quotes about being fake and quotes about shady people are to make you aware that not everyone will have a pure heart and mind.
We also have other articles you will find helpful, like the articles of [Best friend quotes] and [Be Real quotes].
Positive Quotes About True Colors
The colors of life quotes tell it as it is. These colorful inspirational quotes are what every individual needs to get through that rough day. Even the toughest of people need encouragement now and then. It also helps to see life through the eyes of other people which is why we have some life in color quotes. These color sayings by great minds will remind us to live life in color. The ‘True Colors’ movie is also a testament to the sayings. Here are popular phrases about colors and people’s true colors quotes to help you better navigate your emotions and feelings about people.
1. “I think success shows a person’s true colors.”
– Freddie Prinze, Jr.
2. “Early risers catch the world waking and see its true colors.”
– Bernie Taupin.
3. “Black is the color of night. White is the true color of death.”
– Melissa de la Cruz.
4. “Hatred is one of the poisons; like jaundice, it alters the true colors of things.”
– Rae Foley.
5. “Friends show their true colors in times of need; and not in times of happiness.”
― Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann.
6. “In the beginning, some people try to appear as though everything about them is ‘in black and white,’ until later their true colors come out.”
– Anthony Liccione.
7. “A rainbow is not afraid of showing its true colors because it knows it is beautiful inside and out.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo.
8. “The best leaders are the ones who show their true colors not during the banner years, but during times of struggle.”
– Shawn Achor.
9. “I enjoy vanity. But I can’t stick to any of that lifestyle for too long because, when its true colors come out, it’s empty, cold, and soulless.”
– Michelle Rodriguez.
10. “I have a visual sense for music. It has to stay true to a certain sense of period. I rely on a sense of colors and mood in my approach to the arrangement.”
– Leon Redbone.
11. “A hundred things are done today in the divine name of Youth, that if they showed their true colors would be seen by rights to belong rather to old age.”
– Wyndham Lewis.
12. “Some people have the coldest smiles but have the tenderest hearts. And many have the most tender smiles, but carry the coldest hearts. You cannot judge a man by his smile, but you CAN judge a man by his heart. The smallest actions reveal the most about a heart’s true color, so pay attention to them. Actions are the true words of the heart.”
– Suzy Kassem.
13. “Everyone loves each other for the pilot. But once you start to do the show, you see everybody’s true colors. If it’s successful, people start to change, and then if it’s not doing well, people start to change in other ways.”
– Vanessa Marano.
14. “Our errors and failings are chinks in the heart’s armor through which our true colors can shine.”
– Elizabeth Lesser.
15. “To see a man’s true colors, tell him you’re saving yourself for marriage. To see a woman’s true colors, tell her you’re poor.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo.
16. “In some cases, we first need to disappoint or enrage someone, or to break their heart, for them to finally show us their true colors.”
– Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
17. “When someone shows you their true colors, trust your instincts, and don’t all of a sudden become colorblind.”
– Christine E. Szymanski.
18. “Don’t let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay its true color.”
– Rachel Scott.
19. “You see a person’s true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their lives.”
– Ritu Ghatourey.
20. “And I’ll see your true colors shining through I see your true colors and that’s why I love you so don’t be afraid to let them show your true colors, true colors are beautiful like a RAINBOW.”
– Cyndi Lauper.
Quotes About Friendship
Friendships are one of the most important relationships to have and to maintain. Sadly, not everyone will make a good friend. You will find quotes about people being fake which is the sad reality of life and also funny fake quotes. This list about fake relations quotes and fake girl quotes tells you the basic nature of most people and their true colors.
21. “If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friend, can you imagine?”
– Megan Markle.
22. “Friendship takes work. Finding friends, nurturing friendships, scheduling face time, it all takes a tremendous amount of work. But it’s worth it. If you put in the effort, you’ll see the rewards of positive friends who will make your life extraordinary.”
– Maya Angelou.
23. “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.”
– Reese Witherspoon.
24. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.”
– Jane Austen.
25. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
– Muhammad Ali.
26. “Friendship is the only cement that will hold the whole world together.”
– Woodrow Wilson.
27. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down the wrong way.”
– Arnold H. Glasgow.
28. “Each friend represents a world in us. A world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
– Anaïs Nin.
29. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
– Marcel Proust.
30. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”
– Bernard Meltzer.
31. “Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.”
– Christie Brinkley.
32. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.”
– Gina Barreca.
33. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
34. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
35. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
– Helen Keller.
36. “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.”
– Jennifer Aniston.
37. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.”
– Jim Henson.
38. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”
– Charles Lamb.
39. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.”
– Donna Roberts.
40. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
– Elizabeth Foley.
41. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”
— Thomas J. Watson.
42. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
— Tennessee Williams.
43. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
— Walter Winchell.
44. “A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have.”
— Sarah Valdez.
45. “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.”
— Maria Shriver.
Being Yourself Quotes
Sometimes we need a reminder right how awesome we can be and a list of show your true colors quotes gives us the extra confidence we need. We should always strive to be ourselves and certain phrases about color are a great place to see just that.
46. “Being yourself means shedding all the layers of looking good, wanting to be liked, being scared to stand out, and trying to be who you think people want you to be. Being yourself means being naked, raw, and vulnerable.”
– Jeff Moore.
47. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”
– Edmond Mbiaka.
48. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.”
– Frederick Douglass.
49. “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”
– William Shakespeare.
50. “Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– Julius Charles Hare.
51. “Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece. Help others. Drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day.”
– John Wooden.
52. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.”
– Lao Tzu.
53. “Some people around you will not understand your journey. They don’t need to; it’s not for them.”
– Paulo Coelho.
54. “The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.”
– Rita Mae Brown.
55. “You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.”
– Robert Greene.
56. “What is the seal of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
57. “There’s a point, around the age of twenty, when you have to choose whether to be like everybody else the rest of your life or to make a virtue of your peculiarities.”
– Ursula K. Le Guin.
58. “You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.”
59. “Even if one is neither vain nor self-obsessed, it is so extraordinary to be oneself – exactly oneself and no one else.”
– Simone de Beauvoir.
60. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.”
– E.E. Cummings.
61. “Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.”
– Jaeda DeWalt.
62. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”
– Roy T. Bennett.
63. “About all you can do in life is to be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.”
– Rita Mae Brown.
64. “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.”
– Steve Maraboli.
65. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.”
– Brian Tracy.
TRUE COLORS QUOTES AND SAYINGS
- “People show their true colors, unintentionally. Pay attention.”
- “If someone shows you their true colors, don’t try to repaint them.”
- “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.”
- “I think success shows a person’s true colors.” – Freddie Prinze, Jr
- “Pay attention when someone gets mad, that’s when their true colors show.”
- “Early risers catch the world waking and see its true colors.” – Bernie Taupin
- “You see a person’s true colors when you are no longer beneficial to their lives.”
- “Show your true colors. Everyone wanna see that. Not the fake! But the real you!”
- “Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.”
- “Black is the color of night. White is the true color of death.” – Melissa de la Cruz
- “I trusted you but now your words mean nothing because your actions spoke the truth.”
- “Hatred is one of the poisons; like jaundice, it alters the true colors of things.” – Rae Foley
- “Thank you for undusting my true colors; or color: black… Oh, how I missed the darkness!” ― Ahmed Mostafa
- “Friends show their true colors in times of need; and not in times of happiness.” ― Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
- “A rainbow is not afraid of showing its true colors because it knows it is beautiful inside out.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “People are like chameleons, they adapt to your favorite color so you’ll like them. But eventually, true colors always show.”
- “It’s such a nice change to get to play a wretched, shallow, mergers-and-acquisitions woman. My true colors come out.”- Sigourney Weaver
- “Our errors and failings are chinks in the heart’s armor through which our true colors can shine.” – Elizabeth Lesser
- “Don’t let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay its true color.” – Rachel Scott
- “The best leaders are the ones who show their true colors not during the banner years but during times of struggle.” – Shawn Achor
- “To see a man’s true colors, tell him you’re saving yourself for marriage. To see a woman’s true colors, tell her you’re poor.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “I enjoy vanity. But I can’t stick to any of that lifestyle for too long because, when its true colors come out, it’s empty and cold and soulless.”- Michelle Rodriguez
- “In some cases, we first need to disappoint or enrage someone, or to break their heart, for them to finally show us their true colors.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “In the beginning, some people try to appear that everything about them is “in black and white,” until later their true colors come out.” ― Anthony Liccione
- “I have a visual sense for the music. It has to stay true to a certain sense of period. I rely on a sense of colors and mood in my approach to the arrangement.” – Leon Redbone
- “Everyoneâwhether straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender should be allowed to show their true colors, and be accepted and loved for who they are.” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Never take your eyes from your enemy, Imanishaketheto. Never underestimate them. When you think you’ve won, they will show their true colors and their strength. You must be ready.” ― E.Y. Laster, Of Captivity & Kings