Strong Mom Quotes
No one ever said motherhood was easy, but the rewards far exceed anything.
Strong moms raise strong, well-rounded kids. Strong mothers are all-rounders themselves, and therefore they make sure that they nurture their kids to grow into good human beings.
They will encourage their kids to speak their minds. Strong mom makes sure that the door of communication is always open on both sides. Strong moms make sure that the child develops their thought process to grow up to be a good decision-maker. Strong mothers do not differentiate between a girl or a boy child, raising them to be equals. The strength of a mother also lies in the woman’s ability to lead a full life for herself too. Embracing motherhood doesn’t mean she can’t have a career of her own. Strong moms know the importance of independence and make sure that she instigates the same qualities in her child too.
Stay Strong Mom Quotes
A strong mother is like a warrior in protecting her child. She will make sure that the child is never in any harm’s way. Let’s read some strong mom quotes from daughter and other members of the society.
1. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.”
– Barbara Kingsolver.
2. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”
3. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.”
– Linda Wooten.
4. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.”
– Arianna Huffington.
5. “Birth is the epicentre of women’s power.”
– Ani Di Franco.
6. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.”
– Robert Browning.
7. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.”
– Pamela S. Nadav.
8. “Having kids- the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on.”
– Maria Shriver.
9. “It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.”
– Erma Bombeck.
10. “Being a mother has been the most challenging and the most rewarding position I will ever hold.”
– Cathy Shaffer.
11. “There is no way to be the perfect mother but a million ways to be a good one.”
– Jill Churchill.
12. “Motherhood…is an act of infinite optimism.”
– Gilda Radner.
13. “A mom is the glue that holds everything together, even when she feels she may fall apart.”
14. “I’m thankful for my struggles because without them, I wouldn’t know my strengths.”
15. “Children don’t ask to be born. It is a choice we make to bring them into this world. That is why we change and rearrange our lives for them.”
16. “The strength of a mother is second to none. Even when she is in times of stress, when she is fighting her own demons, when she is beyond exhausted both mentally and physically nothing will stop her from finding the strength, she needs to do for her children what she needs to get done.”
17. “It takes someone really brave to be a mama, someone strong to raise a child, and someone special to love someone more than herself.”
18. “Don’t tell a mom she looks tired; She can see it. She can feel it. She knows she is exhausted. Instead, tell her she is doing a good job; because she might not see it. Might not feel it. And she might not know it.”
19. “To the mom who feels like you are failing. Don’t doubt yourself. Right now, it feels hard, but each day you still show up, even though the exhaustion. You pour your love into your children, even though your cup feels empty.”
20. “When it all feels too hard, just remember who you’re doing it for.”
21. “Don’t pity me because I am a single mom. Respect me for having the courage to do it alone, the strength to never give up, and the love to put my child’s needs before my own.”
22. “Being a single mother is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears, but also twice the hugs, twice the love, and twice the pride.”
23. “To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle, I say, ‘Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.’”
– Jeffrey R. Holland.
24. “Strong mothers raise strong daughters.”
– Jessica A. Lane.
25. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.”
– Salma Bucker.
26. “Love as powerful as your mother’s leaves its own mark…To have been loved so deeply… Will give us some protection forever.”
– J.K. Rowling.
27. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colours of a rainbow.”
– Maya Angelou.
28. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.”
– Linda Wooten.
29. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”
– Washington Irving.
Strong Single Mom Quotes
Often mothers do things they enjoy with guilt because they often have to make difficult choices. A loving support system at home could do wonders to a strong mom’s life and the child’s life too. Here are some strong mom quotes for you to enjoy.
30. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.”
– Jane Sellman.
31. “Any mother could do the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.”
– Lisa Alther.
32. “Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.”
– Gilda Radner.
33. “Most people’s mothers are the most influential person in their life. But my mother survived the camps, and she was very strong. She made me strong, but she wanted me to be strong. That’s more important.”
– Diane von Furstenberg.
34. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”
– Laura Stavoe Harm.
35. “You do the best you can, even when you think you can’t. And that dear mama is not failing. You are amazing.”
36. “To the world you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.”
37. “Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.”
38. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
39. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.”
40. “Of all the things my hands have held, the best, by far, is you.”
41. “My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.”
– President Barack Obama.
42. Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism.”
– Gilda Radner.
43. “Just when you think you know love, something little comes along and reminds you just how big it is.”
44. “I gave your life, but really, you gave me mine.”
– Mothers everywhere.
45. “Even on the days, you feel like you are failing, look around. Your child’s smile will bring you right back up.”
46. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.”
47. “For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among ten children and each child still have all her love.”
48. “A mother continues to labour long after the baby is born.”
– Lisa Jo Baker.
49. “Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections.”
– Mary Organizes.
50. “Men are what their mothers made them.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
51. “All mothers are working mothers.”
52. “The most powerful thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”
53. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will find forgiveness.”
– Honore de Balzac.
54. “No influence is so powerful as that of the mother.”
– Sarah Josepha Hale.
Motivational Strong Mom Quotes
There are times when we all struggle and grapple with the situations we are faced with. Mothers are no different. But somehow, a struggling mother is always judged in harsh light. Instead of judging, it would be a better idea to show kindness to them because they deserve it more than anyone else. Read on for quotes about what to say to a struggling mother. Here are some of the best motivational strong mom quotes.
55. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
56. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.”
– Benjamin Spock.
57. “Mothers are a special gift sent from God above. They bless us with their nurturing and fill us with their love.”
– Faye Diane Kilday.
58. “I need you; I need you here, I need you now. I cannot do this alone. I need my Mommy, and dammit, I don’t care who knows it.”
– Gilmore Girls.
59. “It takes a strong woman to be a mom and an even stronger one to be my mom!”
60. “It doesn’t matter how old you get. Your mother’s fierce love is always going to be there to hold you up.”
61. “A mother does not send you out into the world unprepared. She sends you out with her love, her prayers, and her strength to guide you through.”
62. “The power of a mother’s love is greater than any force on earth.”
63. “Show me the strongest person in the world and I’ll show you my mother. No one can compete!”
64. “A mother’s love will push you to the edge of the ocean while holding you above it. Her fearless strength keeps the wind in your sails.”
– Henrik Ibsen.
65. “I don’t need a knight in shining armor when my mother has given me her strength.”
66. “Nobody loves you like your mom. She’s your best friend, your most honest critic, and your biggest fan all rolled into one.”
– Kelly Roper.
67. “The highest compliment I could receive is that I’ve turned into my mother. I can only hope!”
68. “Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.”
– P.J. O’Rourke.
69. “The world will never know why a 6-year-old needs 12 glasses of water before bed.”
70. “My kids throw a lot of shade for tiny people completely dependent on my survival.”
71. “Mother: that one word that cannot be defined in a single phrase; that one word that embodies all the love a human being could possibly offer.”
– Sunaina Bhatia.
72. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?”
– Milton Berle.
73. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own. To teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing, even when you’re not sure what the right thing is to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.”
– Donna Ball.
74. “Your Influence as a mother is powerful. Don’t Waste it. Little Eyes are watching You.”
Family And Strong Mom Quotes
A strong mom will always emphasize education for her child. She knows that an educated life is a path to success. Let’s read some of the most inspiring strong mom quotes.
75. “It is hard and you aren’t the only one who thinks so.”
76. “You are going to miss this someday… I tell myself as I step on Legos all the way to the bathroom.”
77. “Started making myself breakfast, ended up making breakfast for everybody but me.”
78. “I hate when I’m waiting for my mom to cook dinner and then I remember that I am the mom and I have to cook dinner.”
79. “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and shows her that she is stronger than them.”
80. “To be a mother you must be strong. Even if you don’t feel it, you have to pretend.”
– Sade Adu.
81. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. ”
– Coco Chanel.
82. “Because I feel that, in the Heavens above / The angels, whispering to one another, / Can find, among their burning terms of love / None so devotional as that of ‘Mother.’”
– Edgar Allen Poe.
83. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.”
– Harriette Hartigan.
84. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.”
– Abraham Lincoln.
85. “Never undermine yourself because you are ‘just’ a house mom.”
– Tracey Taylor.
86. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.”
– Pamela S. Nadav.
87. “Ultimately, as long as my kid is all right, everything is fine. I think motherhood puts everything into perspective, I really do.”
– Kiera Knightley.
88. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”
– Dorothy Canfield Fisher.
89. “Becoming a mother has helped make me a tougher, stronger writer.”
– Jessica Hagedorn.
90. “I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.”
91. ‘’Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first. ‘’
– Matthew L Jacobson.
92. “To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language.”
– Arlene Benedict.
93. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”
– Chinese proverb.
94. “Moms are the ones who truly know the meaning of 24/7.”
95. “Enjoy every moment, Mama, they grow up before you know it.”
96. “I see myself as mom first. I’m so lucky to have that role in life. The world can like me, hate me or fall apart around me and at least I wake up with my kids and I’m happy.”
– Angelina Jolie.
97. “I will protect you until you are grown and then I will let you fly free. But loving you, that is for always.”
– Charlotte Gray.
98. “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love.”
– Edwin Hubbell Chapin.
99. “God could not be everywhere, therefore he made mothers.”
– Jewish Proverb.
100. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.”
101. “I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.”
102. “A mother understands what a child cannot say.”
103. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.”
– Sharon Jaynes.
104. “Being a mom might mean that my hands are full, but so is my heart.”
105. “Being a mom is a tough job but it’s the best job anyone could ever ask for.”
106. “To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language.”
– Arlene Benedict.
107. “The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.”
– Coco Chanel.
108. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.”
– Maya Angelou.
109. “Your greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise.”
– Andy Stanley.
110. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible—oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.”
– Tina Fey.