In life, redemption was walking up the down escalator: stop to congratulate yourself, and back you slid.Amy Waldman
There will be no redemption because the men who run this place do not want redemption. They want to be as near to hell as they can.Colson Whitehead
Between the radiant white of a clear conscience and the coal black of a conscience sullied by sin lie many shades of gray–where most of us live our lives. Not perfect but not beyond redemption.Sherry L. Hoppe
The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.Patti Smith
Redemption is possible, and it is the measure of a civilized society.Greg Boyle
Redemption is not perfection. The redeemed must realize their imperfections.John Piper
Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance.Richard von Weizsaecker
The mark of our society as civilized will come when we embrace confidence in the power of redemption.Greg Boyle
Hell is yourself and the only redemption is when a person puts himself aside to feel deeply for another person.Tennessee Williams
Language is conceived in sin and science is its redemption.Willard Van Orman Quine
Redemption sounds like a jubilee. Like a second line, if you will.Dawn Richard
The best way to use the gold of the Redeemer is for the redemption of those in peril.Saint Ambrose
Redemption isn’t giving a bank robber a job as a teller.Jane Velez-Mitchell
[No] matter what a waste one has made of one’s life, it is ever possible to find some path to redemption, however partial.Charles Frazier
We seek redemption, yet, we don’t seek forgiveness.Anthony T. Hincks
To be in Christ — that is redemption; but for Christ to be in you — that is sanctification!Major W. Ian Thomas
Life is complex. You don’t have any person who is nice from the beginning until the end. You don’t always have the notion of redemption. The bad people don’t always pay.Marjane Satrapi
When you find your definitions in God, you find the very purpose for which you were created. Put your hand into God’s hand, know His absolutes, demonstrate His love, present His truth, and the message of redemption and transformation will take hold.Ravi Zacharias
At the cross God wrapped his heart in flesh and blood and let it be nailed to the cross for our redemption.E. Stanley Jones
People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections.Khaled Hosseini
The gospel comprises indeed, and unfolds, the whole mystery of man’s redemption, as far forth as it is necessary to be known for our salvation.Robert Boyle
You have to be a little contrite to get redemption.Steve Madden
The Christian notion of the possibility of redemption is incomprehensible to the computer.Vance Packard
In all God’s plans for human redemption, He proposes that men pray. The men are to pray in every place, in the church, in the closet, in the home, on sacred days and on secular days.Edward Mckendree Bounds
1. “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.”
– Clive Barker, ‘Abarat: Days Of Magic, Nights Of War’.
2. “A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”
– George R.R. Martin, ‘A Clash Of Kings’.
3. “There’s no need to talk about it because the truth of what one says lies in what one does.”
– Bernhard Schlink, ‘The Reader’.
4. “We can be redeemed only to the extent to which we see ourselves.”
– Martin Buber.
5. “Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first must help the other.”
– Vera Nazarian, ‘The Perpetual Calendar Of Inspiration’.
6. “It is not true that everyone is special. It is true that everyone was once special and still possesses the ability to recover it.”
– Criss Jami, ‘Killosophy’.
7. “Your current circumstances are part of your redemption story He is writing.”
– Evinda Lepins.
8. “Yes, a dark time passed over this land, but now there is something like light.”
– Dave Eggers, ‘Zeitoun’.
9. “No man can walk so long in the Shadow that he cannot come again to the Light.”
– Robert Jordan, ‘The Great Hunt’.
10. “The only cure for suffering is to face it head-on, grasp it around the neck, and use it.”
– Brennan Manning, ‘The Relentless Tenderness Of Jesus.’
Bible Quotes About Redemption
God’s role in redemption is an important part of the Christian faith. The Bible provides us with many Christian quotes about redemption. Discover them here.
11. “In him, we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.”
– Ephesians 1:7.
12. “Who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.”
– Galatians 1:4.
13. “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.”
– Isaiah 44:22.
14. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.”
– Acts 3:19.
15. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
– John 10:10.
16. “Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story— those he redeemed from the hand of the foe.”
– Psalm 107:2.
17. “He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever— holy and awesome is his name.”
– Psalm 111:9.
18. “It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.”
– 1 Corinthians 1:30.
19. “You came near when I called you, and you said, ‘Do not fear.'”
– Lamentations 3:57.
20. “You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life.”
– Lamentations 3:58.
Self Redemption Quotes
Read these self-redemption quotes to know more about what redemption means. You will also find some more quotes about God’s role in redemption here.
21. “I guess darkness serves a purpose: to show us that there is redemption through chaos.”
– Brendan Fraser.
22. “Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance.”
– Richard Von Weizsaecker.
23. “Redemption is not perfection. The redeemed must realize their imperfections.”
– John Piper.
24. “At the cross, God wrapped his heart in flesh and blood and let it be nailed to the cross for our redemption.”
– E. Stanley Jones.
25. “People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections.”
– Khaled Hosseini.
26. “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.”
– Patti Smith.
27. “Redemption just means you just make a change in your life and you try to do right, versus what you were doing, which was wrong.”
– Ice T.
28. “Language is conceived in sin and science is its redemption.”
– Willard Van Orman Quine.
29. “I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the redemption of ignorance.”
– Adlai Stevenson II.
30. “Redemption is possible, and it is the measure of a civilized society.”
– Greg Boyle.
Quotes About Sin And Redemption
Redemption and sin are two concepts that are linked, as seen in these redemption quotes. After you have sinned, these redemption quotes can offer some comfort.
31. “No matter how far wrong you’ve gone, you can always turn around.”
32. “Redemption can be found in hell itself if that’s where you happen to be.”
– Lin Jensen.
33. “I know eternal life He gives, from sin and sorrow free.”
– Fred A. Filmore.
34. “The power that is to redeem him must be a power working within, not without.”
– Lyman Abbott.
35. “True redemption is seized when you accept the future consequences for your past mistakes.”
– Eduardo Macedo.
36. “Hell is yourself and the only redemption is when a person puts himself aside to feel deeply for another person.”
– Tennessee Williams.
37. “Redemption sounds like a jubilee. Like a second line, if you will.”
– Dawn Richard.
38. “The best way to use the gold of the Redeemer is for the redemption of those in peril.”
– Saint Ambrose.
39. “We seek redemption, yet, we don’t seek forgiveness.”
– Anthony T. Hincks.
40. “To be in Christ — that is redemption; but for Christ to be in you — that is sanctification!”
– Major W. Ian Thomas.
Sports Redemption Quotes
Here, you will find quotes about redemption in sports.
41. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
– Tim Notke.
42. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
– Babe Ruth.
43. “We should confine booing in sports arenas to sport. I love a good boo as much as the next football fan.”
– Alastair Campbell.
44. “And while some healing does happen, it isn’t a healing of redemption or epiphany. It’s more like the slow absorption of a bruise.”
– Joan Wickersham.
45. “I believe redemption is something you can strive for but never fully achieve.”
– K.A. Tucker.
46. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.”
– Tommy Lasorda.
47. “Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.”
– John Wooden.
48. “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.”
– Jim Valvano.
49. “Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.”
– Lou Brock.
50. “Excellence is not a singular act but a habit. You are what you do repeatedly.”
– Shaquille O’Neal.