Everyone needs a hug and a kiss once in a while from their loved ones, otherwise, it is almost impossible to survive without them.
A hug, if explained simply is a gesture or act of affection for someone you care about, love, or fancy by tightly wrapping them in both your arms. A kiss is a gesture or act of love or greetings towards people one adores by touching or caressing their lips.
Science has proven now that hugging a loved one for even 20 seconds every day helps release stress, produces oxytocin, and reduces blood pressure. Hugs and kisses are the best way to showcase your love and its purity through these small but frequent gestures of affection. They help in creating everlasting bonds between two people, especially in a relationship. That’s why this carefully curated list will make sure you show your loved ones how much you love them and miss them by sharing these hug quotes with them. The categories include hug quotes, quotes about hugs and smile, and cuddle quotes among others.
Famous Quotes About Hugs And Kisses
This is the list of a few of the most famous hug quotes by some famous people. It also includes quotes about kisses.
1. “A mother’s hug is better than a lover’s kiss.”
– Matshona Dhliwayo.
2. “A kiss seals two souls for a moment in time.”
– Levende Waters.
3. “Where I live if someone gives you a hug it’s from the heart.”
– Steve Irwin.
4. “I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words.”
– Ann Hood.
5. “Hugs and kisses are ways to express what cannot be said.”
– Kacie Conroy.
6. “If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other.”
– Walter Inglis Anderson.
7. “I love hugging people. I still hug everybody in my meet-and-greet lines.”
– Taylor Swift.
8. “They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.”
– Bill Keane.
9. “HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.”
– Princess Diana.
10. “Your hugs and kisses are like the stars that light up my life when things get dark.”
11. “Girdles and wire stays should have never been invented. No man wants to hug a padded birdcage.”
– Marilyn Monroe.
Funny Quotes About Kisses And Hugs
These hug quotes come with a little bit of humor to their soothing nature with some funny quotes about kisses as well.
12. “Laughing together is as close as you can get to a hug without touching.”
– Gina Barreca.
13. “In an ideal world, no one would talk before 10 am. People would just hug because waking up is really hard.”
– Zooey Deschanel.
14. “A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance.”
15. “Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time!”
– Drew Barrymore.
16. “One joke is enough to put a smile on your face.
One hug is enough to put a smile on your heart.
One kiss is enough to put a smile on your soul.”
– Matshona Dhliwayo.
17. “A hug is like a boomerang – you get it back right away.”
– Bil Keane.
18. “You can never have too many books or too many hugs.”
– Gina House.
19. “I had embraced you… long before I hugged you.”
– Sanober Khan, ‘A Thousand Flamingos’.
20. “However long a hug lasts, it doesn’t last long enough.”
– Kyle Schmalenberg.
21. “A hug makes you feel good all day.”
– Kathleen Keating.
22. “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”
– Virginia Satir.
23. “If I see my fans crying, I just want to give them a hug and tell them I love them.”
– Austin Mahone.
24. “Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it.”
– Bernard Meltzer.
25. “All I need is the hug, not the therapy.”
26. “They say that love is more important than money, have you ever tried paying your bills with a hug?”
– Nishan Panwar.
27. “After his kisses and hugs, it feels like without them my body will fall apart into pieces.”
– Francesca Lia Block.
28. “A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip.”
– Terri Guillemets.
29. “Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism.”
– Leo Buscaglia.
Quotes About Hugs And Love
These hug quotes are beautiful and full of love and for you to share them with your loved ones.
30. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.”
– Deb Caletti.
31. “Obligation sends the children to bed on time, but love tucks the covers in around their necks and passes out kisses and hugs.”
32. “No matter how strong a woman is, she has a weak point. And sometimes all she needs is a hug.”
– Melanie McNichols.
33. “Your hug should be more than an embrace of affection. It represents her safety and security. It should make her feel truly loved.”
– Tony Curl.
34. “Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.”
– Princess Diana.
35. “A kiss is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear; kisses are the messengers of love and tenderness.”
– Ingrid Bergman.
36. “Hugs are God’s way of reminding us how much we are loved.”
– Gail Lynne Goodwin.
37. “A hug is the bridge between two souls,”
– Anoir Ou-Chad.
38. “There’s nothing like a mama-hug.”
– Terri Guillemets.
39. “I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug or just a friendly pat on the back.”
– Maya Angelou.
40. “The hug was a simple gesture. Perhaps, the end of the cold war. Perhaps, the fragile beginning of love.”
– Mariyam Hasnain, ‘The Wedding Planner’.
41. “They were giving us these incredible bear hugs, and my ribs are still aching from all of those bear hugs.”
– Craig Marberry.
42. “Putting your love into your hugs is much more effective than putting it into your words.”
43. “Not all hugs are freely given. Some should be earned like a hug from a child.”
Hug Quotes On Friendship
These hug quotes are for you to reminisce those old times with your old friends or new ones and make you wish they could put their arms around you and you could hug them right now.
44. “A hug is an amazing thing. It’s just the perfect way to show the love we’re feeling but can’t find the words to say.”
– Johnny Ray Ryder.
45. “Sometimes all you can do is hug a friend tightly and wish that their pain could be transferred by touch to your own emotional hard drive.”
– Richelle E. Goodrich.
46. “When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.”
– H. Jackson Brown. Jr.
47. “Whenever you hug me, I feel at home…!”
– Kankane Rakhi Surendra.
48. “The good thing about hugs: when you give one, you get one too.”
– Diana Rowland.
49. “I think Christians and Muslims should hug each other.”
– Chuck Norris.
50. “A hug delights, warms, and charms. That must be why God gave us arms.”
– Lashana Harney.
51. “Hug your customers but also offer a handshake to your competitors.”
– Amit Kalantri.
Quotes About Hugs and Kisses
“That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.”
― Deb Caletti
“A hug is like a boomerang – you get it back right away.”
― Bill Keane
“If you’re angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug – which is all the more reason to do so. It’s hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that’s precisely what happens when we hug each other.”
― Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course: Seven Steps to Self-Fulfillment
“I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words.”
― Ann Hood
“I will not play tug o’ war. I’d rather play hug o’ war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.”
― Shel Silverstein
“A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip.”
― Terri Guillemets
“Laughing together is as close as you can get to a hug without touching.”
― Gina Barreca
“HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.”
― Diana, Princess of Wales
“A hug makes you feel good all day.”
― Kathleen Keating
“However long a hug lasts, it doesn’t last long enough.”
― Kyle Schmalenberg
“Hug the shore; let others try the deep.”
“If I see my fans crying, I just want to give them a hug… and tell them I love them.”
― Austin Mahone
“A hug is a great gift – one size fits all, and it’s easy to exchange.”
― Author Unknown
“Hug while you can.”
― Jay Woodman
“Plunderous is the palate I gift to you, openly I hug the universe of our friendship expanding its outer limit.”
― Bradley Chicho
“Sometimes all you can do is hug a friend tightly and wish that their pain could be transferred by touch to your own emotional hard drive.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
“I love meeting people, and I know it’s so difficult for people to come up to me and introduce themselves, so when they do, I’ll grab them and hug them. It makes their day, you know? I love that, and I get positive energy from that.”
― Nicola Formichetti
“There’s nothing like a mama-hug.”
― Terri Guillemets
“I wanted my home to be a haven, like coming in from the cold to a big warm hug.”
― Cathy Bramley, Conditional Love
“The world is a mess. It seems that life gets harder on a personal level each and every day. Hug and kiss those you love every day. You never know when the tragedies of this world may visit your life.”
― Kevin Nash
“I love hugging people. I still hug everybody in my meet-and-greet lines.”
― Taylor Swift
“I cry at random things, like a flower, or someone giving me a present, or my sister giving me a nice hug.”
― Naomie Harris
“Where I live if someone gives you a hug it’s from the heart.”
― Steve Irwin
“He was one of those guys who’d pronounce I’m a hugger as he came at you, neglecting to ask if the feeling was mutual.”
― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
“With age, you get to a place where you don’t want to knock people out. You just want to give people a hug.”
― Vin Diesel
“Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug 10 people at a time!”
― Drew Barrymore
“The only failure one should fear, is not hugging to the purpose they see as best.”
― George Eliot
“The good part of having six kids is, there’s always one who wants to hug you and say, ‘Daddy, I love you.’”
― John McEnroe
“There’s a long life ahead of you and it’s going to be beautiful, as long as you keep loving and hugging each other.”
― Yoko Ono
“Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism.”
― Leo Buscaglia
30 Quotes about Kisses
“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
― Albert Einstein
“A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.”
― Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac
“A kiss is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear; kisses are the messengers of love and tenderness.”
― Ingrid Bergman
“A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.”
― Rupert Brooke
“Is not a kiss the very autograph of love?”
― Henry Theophilus Finck
“A man’s kiss is his signature.”
― Mae West
“A kiss that speaks volumes is seldom a first edition.”
― Clare Whiting
“What is a kiss? Why this, as some approve: The sure, sweet cement, glue, and lime of love.”
― Robert Herrick
“Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.”
― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
“I am in favor of preserving the French habit of kissing ladies’ hands – after all, one must start somewhere.”
― Sacha Guitry
“It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.”
― Christian Nestell Bovee
“What of soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?”
― Robert Browning, A Toccata of Galuppi’s
“A kiss that is never tasted,
forever and ever is wasted. “
― Billie Holiday, For All We Know
“One day you will kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”
― Karen Marie Moning, Bloodfever
“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.”
― Ingrid Bergman
“A kiss seals two souls for a moment in time.”
― Levende Waters
“Kisses are like tears, the only real ones are the ones you can’t hold back.”
― Pamela Ann, Scornfully Yours
“Give me a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A kiss to build a dream on.”
― Louis Armstrong, A Kiss To Build a Dream On
“With a kiss let us set out for an unknown world.”
― Alfred de Musset
“A man snatches the first kiss, pleads for the second, demands the third, takes the fourth, accepts the fifth – and endures all the rest.”
― Helen Rowland
“Kiss me, please kiss me
But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation
You know it makes me so angry ’cause i know that in time
I’ll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye.”
― Jeff Buckley, Last Goodbye
“The first kiss between two people is something really good in life.”
― Juliana Hatfield
“A child’s kiss is magic. Why else would they be so stingy with them?”
― Harvey Fierstein
“I like kisses that aren’t too fast or rushed – that’s what makes a good kiss.”
― Louis Tomlinson
“Marriage is the miracle that transforms a kiss from a pleasure into a duty.”
― Helen Rowland
“How delicious is the winning
Of a kiss at Love’s beginning,
When two mutual hearts are sighing
For the knot there’s no untying!”
― Thomas Campbell, Freedom and Love
“Women still remember the first kiss after men have forgotten the last.”
― Remy de Gourmont
“A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I miss you.”
― Author Unknown
“Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.”
― Mardy Grothe
“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.”
― Emil Ludwig