Are you feeling sad, depressed or numb? Looking for quotes that might describe your mental state? We have rounded up the best feeling empty quotes, sayings, captions (with images and pictures) which you can resonate with.
EMPTY QUOTES AND SAYINGS
- “I feel empty inside.”
- “Not happy. Not sad. Just empty.”
- “You can’t cry when you’re already empty.”
- “Silence isn’t empty it’s full of answers.”
- “How can emptiness be so heavy?”
- “Why does the feeling of emptiness occupy so much space?”
- “She tries to smile, To feel happy, But she feels so Empty.”
- “The beginning of love is a horror of emptiness.”- Robert Bly
- “To fake it is to stand guard over emptiness.”- Arthur Herzog
- “We become aware of the void as we fill it.”- Antonio Porchia
- “The inner emptiness is the door to God.”- Swami Dhyan Giten
- “A busy life is filled with tremendous emptiness.”- Debasish Mridha
- “That feeling when you are not necessarily sad, but you feel really empty.”
- “I wanted to write down exactly what I felt but somehow the paper stays empty and I could not have described it any better.”
- “Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within.”- Arthur Erickson
- Sometimes you can only feel something by its absence. By the empty spaces it leaves behind. – Gayle Forman
- “The rest of my life stretches out as an emptiness before me.”- Kazuo Ishiguro
- “If emptiness is endless, then everything rests in emptiness.”- Dejan Stojanovic
- “Nothingness not being nothing, nothingness being emptiness.”- Isabelle Adjani
- “She was tired, with that tiredness that only emptiness brings.”- Paolo Giordano
- “But to me nothing, the negative, the empty, is exceedingly powerful.”- Alan Watts
- “What had been quiet and restful was now silent and empty.”- Frederick Barthelme
- “This will be a winter so desolate, only memory can fill the emptiness.”- John Geddes
- “Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.”- Samuel Beckett
- “It is beautiful, it is endless, it is full and yet seems empty. It hurts us.”- Jackson Pearce
- “Life is empty and meaningless because life is empty and meaningless.”- Werner Erhard
- “I decided I would fill the emptiness in me with God and with paint.”- Kimberly Novosel
- “If giving leaves you feeling empty, you’re giving too much to the wrong person.”- Maza Dohta
- “The greatest tragedies in life is not untimely death, but to live a life for emptiness.”- Topsy Gift
- “We often feel proud of our knowledge even when it is filled with emptiness.”- Debasish Mridha
- “I am empty of everything. I am empty of everything but the thin, frail ghosts in my room.”- Jean Rhys
- “Pain can be vitalising; it gives intensity in the space of vagueness and emptiness.”- Sebastian Horsley
- “It’s not the feeling of completeness I need, but the feeling of not being empty.”- Jonathan Safran Foer
- “This world that I live in is empty and cold the loneliness cuts me and tortures my soul.”- Waylon Jennings
- “In all our searching, the only thing we’ve found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.”- Carl Sagan
- “The artist’s job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.”- Woody Allen
- “This was the truth at the core of my existence: this yawning emptiness, scantily clad in rage.”- Hillary Jordan
- “There’s just something obvious about emptiness, even when you try to convince yourself otherwise.”- Sarah Dessen
- “When you’re full of yourself, God can’t fill you. But when you empty yourself, God has a useful vessel.”- Max Lucado
- “Depression isn’t just being a bit sad. It’s feeling nothing. It’s not wanting to be alive anymore.”- J. K. Rowling
- “The funny thing about having all this so-called success is that behind it is a certain horrible emptiness.”- Sam Shepard
- “Always show kindness and love to others. Your words might be filling the empty places in someone’s heart.” – Mandy Hale
- “I felt myself being invaded through and through, I crumbled, disintegrated, and only emptiness remained.”- Stanislaw Lem
- “Moments of suffering are meant to empty us so that we may have the potential to tap into our truest depths.”- Kamand Kojouri
- “Emptiness is not a great loss. It creates a great opportunity to fill yourself again and again with great love.”- Debasish Mridha
- “A sad soul needs an infinite horizon which can throw all his sorrow into the silence of the eternal emptiness!”- Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I swear, I end up feeling empty, like you’ve taken something out of me and I have to search my body for scars.”- Richard Siken
- “Become totally empty. Quiet the restlessness of the mind. Only then will you witness everything unfolding from emptiness.”- Laozi
- “The more space and emptiness you can create in yourself, then you can let the rest of the world come in and fill you up.”- Jeff Bridges
- “There are so many empty people walking around on this little planet. Lonely people. Angry people. Bitter. Forgotten.”- Jeyn Roberts
- “Emptiness which is conceptually liable to be mistaken for sheer nothingness is in fact the reservoir of infinite possibilities.”- D.T. Suzuki
- “The void inside me starts to fill, but my heart has holes, and whatever it holds will run out, leaving me empty once again.”- Danielle Esplin
- “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life and there is nothing better.”- Blaise Pascal
- “I said nothing for a time, just ran my fingertips along the edge of the human-shaped emptiness that had been left inside me.”- Haruki Murakami
- “But what I did sense was an emptiness like a black hole inside of him, and there was no predicting what might emerge from a place like that.”- Ryū Murakami
- “When I feel truly alone, with a sense of being lost, even empty inside, it is then I realize I have unknowingly moved away from God, so I move back.”- David L. Weatherford
- “Bowed by the weight of centuries he leans upon his hoe and gazes on the ground, the emptiness of ages in his face, and on his back the burden of the world.”- Edwin Markham
- “There is no such thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear. In fact, try as we may to make a silence, we cannot.”- John Cage
- “For a long time now my heart has had its shutters closed, its steps deserted, formerly a tumultuous hotel, but now empty and echoing like a great empty tomb.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “You can only fit so many words in a postcard, only so many in a phone call, only so many into space before you forget that words are sometimes used for things other than filling emptiness.”- Sarah Kay
- “Everyday we used to slip away to talk. We would talk about the goodness of your heart. Now it seems I admit that never exist at all and it leaves me feeling empty with this hollow chord.”- Regina Belle
- “You are not feeling empty because you don’t have much money. You are feeling empty because you have not yet encountered your real self, you have not come to your authentic individuality.”- Rajneesh
- “There’s a big difference, I discovered, between wanting to die and not wanting to live. When you want to die, you at least have a goal. When you don’t want to live, you’re really just empty.” – Brian Hugh Warner
Why does the feeling of emptiness occupy so much space?
There is nothing so cruel in this world as the desolation of having nothing to hope for.
I am unable to describe exactly what is the matter with me; now and then there are horrible fits of anxiety, apparently without cause, or otherwise a feeling of emptiness and fatigue in the head.
Emptiness has its solace in that there’s nothing left to take.
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.
In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is room for nothing.
Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky.
Illusion is needed to disguise the emptiness within.
They say you don’t get over someone until you find someone or something better. As humans, we don’t deal well with emptiness. Any empty space must be filled. Immediately. The pain of emptiness is too strong. It compels the victim to fill that place. A single moment with that empty spot causes excruciating pain. That’s why we run from distraction to distraction and from attachment to attachment.
We cannot even let the other person into our hearts or minds unless we empty ourselves. We can truly listen to him or truly hear her only out of emptiness.
Feeling too much is a hell of a lot better than feeling nothing.
Emptiness is a symptom that you are not living creatively.
When emptiness is still, that is eternity. When it moves, that is love.
Life is full and overflowing with the new. But it is necessary to empty out the old to make room for the new to enter.
Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
Prayer begins at the edge of emptiness.
Emptiness the starting point. — In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all your preconceived and fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is useful? Because it is empty.
To be full of things is to be empty of God; to be empty of things is to be full of God.
What a relief to be empty! Then God can live your life.
I was as hollow and empty as the spaces between stars.
Man finds nothing so intolerable as to be in a state of complete rest, without passions, without occupation, without diversion, without effort. Then he feels his nullity, loneliness, inadequacy, dependence, helplessness, emptiness.
Emptiness is only a disguise for an intimacy of God’s, that God’s silence, the eerie stillness, is filled by the Word without words, by Him who is above all names, by Him who is all in all. And his silence is telling us that He is here.
Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.
The beginning of love is a horror of emptiness.
Nature abhors a vacuum.